Friday, January 21, 2011

My life isnt the same as how it used to be.
It's now filled with fear and insecurities...

This entire week, I've learnt about the deaths of 8 people.
Among them, two are my mum's colleagues.
One of them passed away in a road accident, on the way back from Malaysia.
He died on the spot.
Another, my mum's colleague's Dad.
Keith has two other friends who lost their Dad.
My aunt's colleague.
Priscilla saw a road accident on the way to school, the motorcyclist lost his life.

Today's the 21st day of Daddy's passing.
But it feels as though he left us only yesterday.
The scene of him laying motionlessly in the hospital still haunts me.
The hysterical cries, the image of my mum hitting my dad so hard to get him to wake up, my brother pulling the doctor by the collar, the security and police trying to get a hang of my brother, and myself, shivering so badly in one corner.
I'm scared.

I dont like how unpredictable life is.
I'm really scared to know that someone close to me might leave me all of a sudden.
I may not know the 8 people whom I've mentioned above, but I do feel for them, I feel for their family...

I'm thankful though, for the people I have around me.
Thank you for your messages, blog post etc expressing your concerns this entire week.
I'm feel loved, I really do.
I dont wish to be a let down, neither do I want to worry any of you.
I'm staying strong, I really am.
But till this fear in me fades away, life wouldnt be the same...
I'm gonna learn to appreciate every single one of you, even more.

Daddy, your absence is felt...
I miss you, a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment